Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire: Reaching Across Globally but..

Slumdog Millionaire is a great film that has captivated everyone across the globe. It was so awe-inspiring and brilliant, that it won Best Picture at the Golden Globes.
Personally, I am very curious about this movie. I've seen some clips and the theatrical trailer so far and find that the cinematography is amazing.
Nevertheless, some Indians who have seen this film didn't like it at all. 
My mom went to see the premier a while ago in Toronto and didn't like some of the things the movie used. 
One of them was the male actor. She didn't like the fact how you could easily tell he was British even though he's supposed to play a boy living in the slums. Another thing was on the Who Wants to Be A Millionaire show, the guy acts completely hostile towards the protagonist when realistically,there would be no such thing.
I'm not here to rant. I'm just curious from all the great critiques about Slumdog Millionaire quite a few Indians, like my mom for example, didn't like how unrealistic it was.
I'm not so sure. My mom says that a person like me [being brought up by North American culture] would like it alot, and maybe she didn't like it because she knows what Mumbai is like from working there and living there for a while.
Anywho who has seen this...what do you think of this flick? Do you think that someone like my mother might have a point??

No comments:

Post a Comment