Monday, December 08, 2008

Day 8 til C-Day: Sonnets and Tea can Describe Moony Monday


Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough Winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or by nature's changing course untrimmed;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Now lose possession of that fair thou owest,
Nor shall death brag thou wanderest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou growest;
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.
William Shakespeare
As strangely enough, I feel that this truly describes winter, in an odd perspective, yet in a sense, completely understandable.
Moony Monday was dull, gloomy, arduous. Many warnings about the next few days arose in all my classes. From dramatizing Much Ado to reviewing for the French unit test tomorrow and science practical exams.
When will this end? It's  a weight pulling me down, needles pinning to me down, and the sunshine gleams in a far-off distance, as squinting reaches the end of your eyesight.
Alright, I am exaggerating a little I'll admit. I'm secretly hoping I'll have enough time to watch Heroes. The Eclipse episodes were really good, although I wish the extended it in some way that all of them really took a grasp as to how vulnerable they are. It seems only Claire, Peter, and somewhat Sylar and Elle understood. And Mr. Petrelli. Okay, maybe a quarter of the characters came to realization, but how about the others? Nonetheless Mohinder, who was extremely happy to have his powers receded from view.
This afternoon, I craved burgers. Just this temperate desire for distraction got me worked up. I remember my grade seven homeroom teacher, Mr. Skinner, telling us about some research he found how our life, such as thoughts, body language, anything general i presume, is controlled by people. Not like, politically-wise as they shw in V for Vendetta, more like, the person in front of scratches their nose and you subconsciously do the same thing. It includes speaking, listening, thinking even. I guess that's how advertising  does it. 
I can't wait until photography club. I saw my sister's photo essay on homeless people, it was amazing. Taking such powerful shots. So captivating. That's what I'd like to do. Captivate. Inspire. So far, writing seems to be great material to do that as well.
That was my sister's personal project. And I've decided to write a novel. When? God knows. I'll probably have to find time during the Christmas break and write. I have ideas, that i must put in a "journal". Ugh. Not now. Too much school to endure. And sleep. Let's not forget that.
I guess Monday isn't so bad. Alright, it is. Bu only Heroes saves that. Gives me the highlight of my Monday. Besides friends, though they feel the same way I do on Mondays. And sunshine, though it's slowly disappearing form the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment